Rosacea (a condition in which certain facial blood vessels enlarge and give the cheeks and nose a flushed appearance) is a chronic skin condition that causes the blood vessels to enlarge and the skin turns very red. It usually affects forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. Everyone can get this skin disease, but it usually affects middle-aged women with fair skin. Typical symptoms include red spots and bumps, swelling, a burning sensation, swollen eyelids, small cysts and thick and dry skin. Unfortunately, the skin can clear up for days, months and years, then it will break out again. But do not lose heart because they are home remedies that can cure this serious skin condition. The origins of the disease are unknown, but it is believed that the red blood vessels swell.
There are factors that can cause the rash including exposure to direct sunlight, eating too much spicy food, excessive alcohol consumption, stress, intense exercise, sinus infections, and living in extreme temperature areas. It runs in families and those who have mild blush or fair skin are prone to rosacea. Here are some remedies:
Here we have an essential oil that can help clarify a serious skin condition. Chamomile is a great way to cure rosacea for its potent anti-inflammatory properties. It reduces inflammation and redness caused by this skin condition. Its active like terpenoids and flavonoids will also soothe the skin.
- Soak three to six chamomile tea bags in three cups of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Remove the teabags and place the bowl in the refrigerator until the water is cold.
- Dip a cotton cloth in the cold solution and wring out the excess liquid. Place the damp cloth on the affected area for 15 minutes.
- Repeat the remedy three or four times a day until you notice an improvement.
- Note: In rare cases, chamomile may cause allergic reactions, so do a patch test before using this remedy.
- Make two cups of green tea and put it in the fridge for half an hour. Soak the cold tea with a cloth and place it over the affected skin for a few minutes. This soothing treatment reduces redness and inflammation. Follow this remedy twice a month for months to get effective results.
- Also, try to drink green tea at least twice a day. It helps to keep your skin hydrated and your body gets extra antioxidants, which in turn accelerate the healing process.
Oatmeal has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help to reduce redness and inflammation and relieve pain caused by the condition of the skin.
- Mix half a cup of oatmeal powder and a quarter cup of water in a large bowl.
- Apply this mixture on the affected skin. Smooth the oatmeal over the skin, but do not rub the skin.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and dab the skin dry with a soft cloth.
- Repeat this treatment twice daily for several days for best results.
A 2005 study at the American Academy of Dermatology found that licorice helps to reduce redness, which is the most common symptom of rosacea. Licorice (believe it or not) contains strong anti-inflammatory properties that help promote healthy skin cells and reduce skin irritation.
- Mix one tablespoon of licorice powder and one teaspoon each of honey and aloe vera gel.
- Apply the mixture to the affected area of the skin. Let it work for 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for four to eight weeks.
Lavender essential oil contains antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, so it has been used to treat many skin conditions including rosacea.
- Soak a cotton ball in pure lavender oil (therapeutic) and massage it gently on the affected areas of skin. It helps relieve inflammation and reduce facial vessels. Repeat twice daily for a few weeks.
- Mix a tablespoon of almond oil and a drop of lavender oil. Before going to bed, apply the mixture to the affected areas and massage gently. Leave it overnight and wash your face with lukewarm water in the morning.
- Do this daily for several weeks.
- Note: Lavender oil should be used with caution as it may cause skin irritation in some people.
Honey contains natural antimicrobial and strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Honey can prevent the outbreaks of acne and rosacea, and it moisturizes the skin without it becoming oily.
- Gently massage one to two tablespoons of raw honey on your face. Leave it on for about 20 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water and apply a light moisturizer. Do this twice a week to reduce inflammation and redness and promote healing.
- Mix two tablespoons of organic honey, one tablespoon of olive oil and one and a half teaspoons of whole milk. Apply the mixture to your face and let it work for 10 minutes. Then rinse with lukewarm water. Do this one to three times a week.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Here we have apple cider vinegar help a serious skin disease like rosacea. Apple cider vinegar has strong anti-inflammatory properties and helps the body maintain its pH. It has a natural disinfectant and it helps to kill yeast and bacteria on the skin.
- Mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a cup of filtered water and add a tablespoon of honey. Drink the mixture twice a day – morning and evening. Follow this remedy for six to eight weeks, depending on the severity of your condition. You can gradually increase the amount of apple cider vinegar from one teaspoon to two tablespoons, twice a day.
- Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and eight tablespoons of water. Apply this diluted vinegar over the affected area. Leave for 10 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water. Do this once a day for two months.
Of course, Aloe Vera comes for a cure of rosacea in the picture. You can attack rosacea with either the gel or the juice by two ways with aloe vera. This can be done because of the anti-inflammatory healing properties of aloe vera. It can rejuvenate the skin and reduce redness and irritation. It can be used both orally and externally for the treatment of rosacea. It is not advisable to take aloe vera orally in any form.
- Extract fresh gel from the aloe vera plant and apply it to the affected skin. Let it dry alone and rinse the area with lukewarm water. Follow this treatment twice a day for at least two months to completely cure rosacea symptoms such as redness and inflammation.
- Drink one tablespoon of aloe vera juice twice a day. This will help to detoxify your body and speed up the healing process. Follow this remedy for several months.
Turmeric is an antiseptic herb and has strong antibacterial and therapeutic properties. Regular use of turmeric (both internally and externally) can reduce redness and inflammation associated with rosacea. It would not be in your best interest to take turmeric internally.
- Make a mask by mixing a teaspoon of turmeric with a tablespoon of yogurt or honey. Wash the affected part of the skin, dab it dry and apply this mask. Turn it on for about 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
- Repeat the procedure once a day until the rosacea symptoms and inflammation subside.
- Mix a teaspoon of turmeric in a glass of lukewarm water or milk. Drink this solution twice a day to improve the overall health of your skin and reduce the symptoms of rosacea.
Flax seeds come to the rescue of Rosacea. Flax seeds contain potent anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation and redness associated with rosacea. Also, the essential fatty acids in flaxseed help soothe irritated skin.
- Take one teaspoon of flaxseed oil three times a day to reduce inflammation. Follow this remedy for at least two months to get good results.
- Also, include flaxseed in your diet to control inflammation and redness associated with rosacea.
These remedies help to control the main symptoms of this chronic skin disease. Also drink plenty of water to keep the skin well hydrated and healthy. Avoid frequent rosacea triggers such as alcohol, chocolates, cold weather, facial scrubs, scents, hot baths and sun exposure.
Most of the above agents contain anti-inflammatory properties that are very effective in the treatment of rosacea. This seems to be a key ingredient in curing rosacea. No matter what treatment you choose and choose, make sure it has anti-inflammatory properties.