Acne can be very frustrating, especially for adults. It is a problem more common than you think – statistics show that in 50 percent of women a form of adult female acne is diagnosed during their adult life.
A treatment that worked so well during your youth can be useless – or make acne worse. When this happens, you may be wondering if these patches are really acne. Then you come up with a question: Do adults have acne? The answer is a big YES, adults get acne!
Here is Adult Acne Guide that covers everything you need to know and help you beat adult acne for good!
What causes adult acne?
Some people get acne into adulthood. Today, more and more dermatologists find women in their 30s, 40s and 50s who come to their clinics with acne in adults. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, women tend to get acne more often than adults do.
- Fluctuating hormone levels: An imbalance of hormones, both in women and in men, is the main cause of outbreaks in adults.
Women usually suffer from fluctuating hormones:
- about their periods
- During pregnancy, perimenopause and menopause.
- After stopping (or starting) birth control pills.
- Stress: Many studies have observed a relationship between stress and hormone levels, which explains why we have acute relapses under stress. In response to stress, our body produces more androgens (a type of hormone). These hormones drive the sebaceous glands to produce more sebum and stimulate the hair follicles in the skin, which can lead to painful acne and blemishes.
- Family History: If someone of your blood relatives, such as a parent, brother, or sister, has acne, you are more likely to suffer from genetic and hereditary factors. Findings from many studies suggest that some people have a genetic predisposition to acne.
- Use of False Hair and Skin Care Products: If you have acne-prone skin or are suffering from adult acne, you should check the labels on the skin care and hair care products before you buy them. Make sure that one of the following terms appears on the label: non-comedogenic, non-ageneous, oil-free, Do not clog the pores
Remember that your moisturizer, cleanser, sunscreen and all other beauty products have one of these terms on their labels. These products cause the least acne or make them worse.
Another thing is to check if the product you are using is drying your skin out. Because as your skin dries out, your sebaceous glands are forced to produce more oil to balance the moisture of the skin. This in turn can clog the pores of the skin. Therefore choose skin products that suit your skin type.
- Side effects of the medication: Acne can occur in adulthood due to side effects of some medications. If you feel that a medicine is causing or aggravating acne, continue taking the medicine – but consult your doctor who prescribed it. If your doctor thinks that acne is a possible side effect, he may prescribe another medicine. If you can not take any other medicine, consider the acne treatment suggested in this article.
- Undiagnosed Disease: Sometimes acne and pimples develop due to underlying disease. Once the health condition is diagnosed and treated, the acne often rises.
TOP THE BEST ACNE TREATMENT FOR ADULTS
Choosing the best acne treatment for adults based on their skin type and the severity of acne is the most important step. Some systems work well for some and do nothing for others. That’s why I make this list of the best otc adult acne products that will get rid of your acne, blackheads, whiteheads and even the blemishes fade. Do not worry. I will explain here for whom these systems might be good and which systems you should avoid.
Basic Acne Treatment Kit by Exposed Skin Care
For all skin types, 60 days supply (Cleanser, Toner, Dual Treatment Serum)
Exposed Skin Care Acne Kit contains components that combine the power of science and nature to treat acne and pimples, guaranteeing a clearer and smoother skin within 30 days.
- (Facial Cleanser: The facial cleanser is a salicylic acid-based acne treatment enriched with Pro-Vitamin B5 that gently cleanses and detoxifies the skin without drying it out.
- Clearing Tonic: This tonic penetrates deep into your pores to help blackheads and whiteheads. It also keeps the pH balance of the skin.
- Acne Treatment Serum: This acne treatment serum is a benzoyl peroxide treatment that is effective in combating acne and averts other blemishes and pimples.
- Clear Pore Serum: This serum is a light gel that prevents pimples and pimples and balances the skin during sleep.
- Derm X – Cloth: It is a microdermabrasion cloth that can peel off your skin to remove dead cells, oil and dirt from the skin.
Suitable for: normal, sensitive and oily skin.
- This acne kit includes salicylic acid acne treatment with 0.5% to 1% strength. Salicylic acid acts as a keratolytic (peeling) remedy that removes the dead skin layer and exposes the underlying clean skin.
- The presence of benzoyl peroxide in the acne treatment serum helps to remove the pores of the skin, stop the growth of bacteria and prevent acne pimples and cystic lesions.
- The cleaner contains citric acid and Pro-Vitamin B5, so detoxifies the skin and controls the excess production of oil through the sebaceous glands.
- The components include glycerin, which helps to fade fine lines, wrinkles and acne scars.
- The treatment contains many antioxidants and botanical herbs such as witch hazel, green tea extract, sage leaf extract and tea tree oil, all of which are helpful in healing and soothing the skin while you clear up your acne.
- It is safe to use as it does not overpower your skin like many other acne products.
- A kit lasts for almost two months, so it’s worth its price.
- This kit contains fragrance-containing components. So, if you are allergic to perfume, it may not suit your skin.
- The serum contains phenoxyethanol, which is an aromatic alcohol and may cause irritation and burning on sensitive skin.
- It is not suitable for dry skin and may cause an acute peeling on dry skin.
Murad Anti-Aging Acne Anti-Age Starter Kit – 4ct
Murad Anti-Aging Acne Treatment Kit is a 3-step procedure designed specifically for adult acne sufferers. This starter set prevents early signs of aging and fights for a healthy, clear and aker-free skin.
Step 1: Time Release Acne Clearer
This highly effective anti-aging acne solution helps treat outbreaks and alleviates early signs of aging. Its magic also works after rinsing, because it penetrates deep into the pores.
Procedure: Massage a small amount of Time Release Acne Cleanser over the face and neck. Rinse with warm water and dab dry.
Step 2: Advanced Acne & Winkle Reducer
It is a clinically proven formula that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while retinol and glycolic acid accelerate natural cell turnover and stimulate collagen production to improve skin tone and texture.
Procedures: Massage Advanced Acne and Wrinkle Reducer evenly over clean face, neck and chest.
Step 2: Renew Eye Cream
Triple Benefit Eye Cream prevents eye aging, reduces dark circles and puffiness, and illuminates the eye area for a youthful glow.
Procedure: Dab a small amount of Renewing Eye Cream gently on the brow bone and under the eye.
Step 3: Anti-aging moisturizer
This ultra-light, fast-wicking moisturizer keeps your skin hydrated and hydrated. In addition, it prevents impurities and prevents premature aging with broad UVA / UVB protection.
Procedures: Apply Murad’s Anti-Aging Moisture liberally on the face, neck and chest.
Suitable for: Normal, combination and dry skin.
(i) The acne time-delay cleaner is formulated with 0.5% salicylic acid and acts as a major component in dissolving the dead keratin plugs and regulating skin cells to maintain a healthy balance.
(ii) Ascorbic acid, another important ingredient, allows the proper removal of excess oil and dirt from the surface of the skin to stop the breeding of acne-causing bacteria.
(iii) Glycerine, a major component in acne and wrinkle reducers, acts as a softening agent. So it treats all conditions of oily skin. In addition, it fills in all wrinkles and fine lines and minimizes their appearance.
(iv) In addition, the acne and wrinkle reducer contains amino acids that help cells produce more collagen and elastin, making your skin look much younger.
(v) This acne treatment kit contains a 3-in-1 moisturizer that combats acne, regulates wrinkles and moisturizes your skin while providing UV protection.
(vi) This treatment is formulated using a number of natural plant substances such as sesame seed extract, willow bark extracts, watermelon fruit extract and clover flower extract, all of which act as antibacterial agents without stressing the skin.
(i) Time Release Acne Clearers and Anti-Aging Moisturizers have a large amount of alcohol that can be abrasive for those who have sensitive skin.
(ii) The presence of alcohol may also result in excessive peeling or burning of the skin.
(iii) This product is quite expensive.
Neutrogena, Advanced Solutions Complete Acne Therapy System, 1 ct
Neutrogena Advanced Acne Therapy System is a three-step regimen specially formulated with a combination of dermatologist-recommended medications. It cleanses and deeply exfoliates the skin, removing all dead skin cells and excess oil deposits. Each acne medication works differently, but together they provide a complete system for consistent, clear skin. Perhaps the best acne product for adults.
Step 1: Skin Polishing Acne Cleaner
Skin Polishing Acne Lotion contains salicylic acid and microfine beads for exfoliation, deep cleansing and removal of pore-clogging dead skin cells as well as excess oil deposition for the treatment and prevention of acne.
Step 2: Acne Control Lotion
Overnight Acne Control Lotion contains benzoyl peroxide and other anti-acne ingredients to fight acne-causing bacteria and to treat inflamed outbreaks, pimples and blemishes while helping prevent future breakouts.
Step 3: Oil-Free SPF 15 Lotion
This non-greasy Sun Shield Day Lotion with SPF 15 and Derma Naturals, a proprietary botanical complex, provides sunscreen, soothes the skin and promotes the return of healthy-looking skin.
Suitable for: Normal skin.
(i) The Skin Polishing Acne Cleanser and Acne Control Lotion offer you maximum protection against acne, blemishes, blackheads, whiteheads and even cystic acne, as they contain salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide as active ingredients.
(ii) This kit includes a separate therapy, day and night. The Acne Control Lotion is intended for use at night and the Oil-Free SPF 15 Lotion should be used during the day to protect against UV light.
(iii) The presence of panthenol in the acne cleanser helps to heal and soothe itching and irritation caused by outbreaks. It also promotes the removal of dead cells and the regeneration of new cells.
(iv) The acne cleaner also contains menthol, which provides a cool refreshing effect after use. In addition, it calms and neutralizes your dermatitis.
(v) The oil-free SPF 15 Lotion can be applied alone or under make-up after cleansing your skin according to your needs.
(i) The acne cleaner contains alcohol, so avoid it if you have sensitive skin or reduce its frequency.
(ii) The presence of alpha-hydroxy acid in this treatment product may increase the sensitivity of the skin to the sun. Therefore, limit exposure of your skin to the sun as much as possible to prevent sunburn.
(iii) The presence of paraben and perfumes in this product may be abrasive in acne-prone skin.
(iv) Due to the presence of benzoyl peroxide, this product is likely to cause dryness on the skin, so the application must be adjusted accordingly.
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Dermatological Acne Treatment System, 7.5 Fl. Oz.
La Roche-Posay Dermatological Acne System contains several ingredients to identify the major causes of acne that dermatologists are aware of. Provides up to 60% less acne in just 10 days.
Step 1: Medical Gel Cleaner
Effaclar Medicated Gel Cleaner aims to wash excess oil with 2.0% salicylic acid acne and in the process fights acne breakouts. Exclusive micro-exfoliating lipo-hydroxy acid helps detoxify greasy areas on the skin surface and ensures precise cell-by-cell removal of dirt, grime and oil.
Step 2: Effaclar Clarifying Solution
This solution targets clogged pores with acne toner. The glycolic acid penetrates deep into the pores to create a smooth skin texture. The 0.5% salicylic acid acne medication helps to reduce the remaining slight imperfections.
Step 3: Effaclar Dual Action Acne Treatment
Targets spots with acne cream. The 5.5% micronized benzoyl peroxide acne medication penetrates deep into the skin and combats all types of acne irregularities and pimples. Exclusive micro-peeling lipo-hydroxy acid provides precise cell-by-cell exfoliation for a smooth skin texture.
Suitable for: dry to oily skin and sensitive skin.
(I) Recommended for acne treatment, blemishes, blackheads and whiteheads.
(ii) oil-free, non-comedogenic, perfume-free, paraben-free, therefore suitable for almost all skin types.
(iii) The medical gel cleaner thoroughly exfoliates your skin and removes excess oil and cell debris causing acne.
(iv) The kit contains a clarifying solution that clogs the pores to remove any bacteria that are trapped deep in the pores. This way even the stubborn blackheads and blackheads can be removed.
(v) The cleaner contains citric acid, which cleanses the skin pores and gives the skin a natural shine, as it acts as a brightener, eliminates dark spots and fights the pigmentation.
(vi) The presence of silica, a skin conditioner, provides skin hydration – so your skin does not dry out.
(vii) Reduces up to 60% of acne in 10 days. Visible results from day 1. Shows skin with minimized acne and clear pores within 10 days.
(i) The clarifying solution contains alcohol. So be careful before using it if your skin is allergic to alcohol.
(ii) The presence of salicylic acid makes your skin sensitive to UV radiation, which means you need to limit exposure to the sun.
(iii) The double action acne treatment must be stored at 20-25 ° C to maintain stability and maintain its efficacy.
Proactiv+ 3 Step Acne Treatment System (30 Day)
Proactiv + is a 3-stage acne treatment system that ensures the killing of P.acnes bacteria and provides skin care at every step. Not only does it formulate to cure and clear acne, it also helps lessen the evidence of previous breakouts, restoring the skin to its healthy-looking appearance.
Step 1: Skin smoothing peeling
In this step, you use a 4-in-1 facial cleanser that acts as a deep cleanser, a medical treatment to kill acne-causing bacteria, a glycolic acid toner, and a mild exfoliant to remove all contaminants, including oil and dirt. Renewal and smoothing of your skin surface.
Step 2: Pore Targeting Treatment
This step involves the use of a gentle, light gel that eliminates acne impurities with Smart Target Benzoyl Peroxide. This new technology was developed specifically for the treatment of adult acne by combining micronized benzoyl peroxide with a revolutionary delivery system that delivers the medicine directly into the pores to remove them, remove impurities and prevent new ones.
Step 3: Perfecting the complexion Hydrator
The final step is to use this state of the art medical moisturizer that has acne control with an exceptional range of additional skin care benefits. This luxurious, nutrient-rich finish is designed to make your skin smooth, supple, even, radiant and radiant.
(i) The skin smoothing peel contains glycolic acid and benzoyl peroxide. Both of these acne-fighting ingredients help to inhibit P.acne bacterial growth and to remove dead skin cells.
(ii) The presence of dimethicone stores the moisture in your skin to neutralize the drying effect of benzoyl peroxide and promote cell hydration.
(iii) Glycerin is good at reducing skin irritation, relieves inflammation, eliminates impurities and provides an anti-aging effect.
(iv) The presence of salicylic acid in complexion-perfecting hydrator stimulates cell turnover and kojic acid brightens your skin tone.
(v) The Hydrator promotes the production of collagen and elastin to regenerate skin cells that refresh and rejuvenate your skin, free of adult acne.
(vi) It is paraben free and contains antioxidants to soothe your skin.
(vii) It comes in a 60-day offer that costs a reasonable price.
(i) The complexion enhancer contains alcohol that you should be aware of if your skin is allergic to alcohol.
(ii) This system contains fragrances that may cause mild irritation to sensitive skin.
Suitable for: oily, combined and sensitive skin.